Looking for delicious food and drink? Welcome to The Barn Café-Bistro situated in the delightful Georgian town of Holt. We are hidden away from the traffic in a south-facing courtyard between Budgens Supermarket carpark and the High Street. Both the indoor and outdoor seating is perfect for relaxing, meeting up with friends and family, and people watching. Free newspapers and wi-fi is provided
We pride ourselves on offering a friendly, welcoming atmosphere producing good quality food and drink, much of which is sourced locally. Do come and find us. We’d love to meet you.
9 Fantastic things to do when visiting Holt
I’ve enjoyed living in Holt for nearly 20 years and would like to share with you some of the best things to do whilst you are visiting the area. I have included the relevant websites so you can find out more before you arrive
1. Explore the Holt Owl Trail. Designed to take you on a tour of the historic Georgian town of Holt in North Norfolk you will discover fascinating facts, interesting anecdotes and details Holt’s hidden treasures http://www.holtowltrail.co.uk/
2. Discover a story of romance, wealth and pirates in St Andrews Church http://www.holtchurch.org/
3. Wander around Spout Hills – great for short walks with your dog http://www.holttowncouncil.org/about-holt/activities-and-entertainment/
4. Take a walk on the wildside in Holt Country Park https://www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/tasks/your-community/find-out-about-holt-country-park/
5. Find the wildlife on Holt Lowes https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/who-we-are/history/rothschild-reserves/holt-lowes-norfolk
6. Cycle along a network of quiet lanes. This is my favourite past time https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/out-and-about-in-norfolk/norfolk-trails/cycle-routes/north-norfolk-coast-cycleway
7. Take a trip on the North Norfolk Railway heritage railway – You won’t forget the stunning scenery. http://www.nnrailway.co.uk/index.php
8. Find a cosy cafe serving steaming bowls of fresh north Norfolk mussels. Yes, you can call them moules et frites if you wish. Scoop the meat from the shell and dunk your bread into the garlicky, creamy broth. We buy our mussels from http://www.northnorfolkfish.co.uk/ The quality is always outstanding.
9. Be sure to try the local beer – we have more microbreweries than any other county and the best malting barley in the country. I’m fussy about my beer so we get the best from http://www.yetmans.co.uk/ https://www.maltcoast.com/ & http://norfolkbrewhouse.co.uk/